I want to let you know about a really exciting change I’ve been working on.
I’ve changed my business name from Relationship Counseling of Walpole to My Marriage Works, and I’d love to tell you why….
Why did I change the name of my business?
Ten years ago I decided to focus on becoming an expert in working with couples.
Not only because I’m so passionate about this work but when I looked around to collaborate with other professionals in this area of work I discovered no other helping professionals that were experts in working with couples.
So I made it my mission to be that expert.
As part of that mission my work with couples has evolved into a thriving marriage & relationship coaching business.
I’ve been a licensed counselor for nearly 20 years and I was done diagnosing people and answering to insurance companies. I decided I’m going to run my business on my terms and serve my clients more powerfully.
The medical model did not fit with my business vision and the work I want to do to help people create successful marriages and improve their lives.
I hired a business coach to help me bring my business vision to fruition. When I invested in myself, and it was a big investment, my life and business changed and grew exponentially. The personal and business growth I’ve experienced have in turn helped my clients achieve greater results faster.
I am so honored to be a part of helping people save their marriages
Wondering what’s the difference between coaching and therapy?
Here’s my take after doing both.
- Therapy is about treating a mental health problem.
- Clients explore and heal from the past.
- Therapy generally goes on indefinitely at the client’s discretion.
- Provides support and empathy.
- Clients aren’t necessarily looking for massive change as much as to relieve pain.
- Provide a supportive, empathic listening.
What coaching is to me.
- It is an active goal driven process that challenges people to grow beyond what they thought was possible.
- Clients want to grow and are committed to making changes in their lives to get the results they want.
- Coaching clients are fully capable of changing their relationships and improving their lives without a diagnosis.
- Clients are fully committed to change and invested in getting results.
- The focus is on the future vision clients want to create and taking actions to help them get there.
- Always focused on the future they want instead of the past they’ve been living in.
This way of working has been a perfect fit for me and my own future vision.
Coaching has given me the freedom to work with clients differently.
To show up as myself more than I ever have in my 20 years of being a therapist.
I now offer services for my clients in a way that I know works best instead of what the insurance company dictates.
I work with clients for set periods of time. Together we figure out what they really want in their life and relationship and map out a plan to get there. There is a beginning, middle and end.
Here’s what new in my business:
I created the 90 day Make Your Marriage Work coaching program for couples who truly want to make their marriage work but don’t know how.
The 90 day program has proved to be hugely beneficial to clients.
Couples are more committed to the work and have better results faster.
Why 90 days? Because in all my years of working with couples this is what it takes to make real lasting change.
Remember, most couples that come to see me have been married for years. They have been repeating the same patterns and habits that have gotten them to where they are now when they’re reaching out for help.
Those types of ingrained habits/patterns don’t change overnight. It requires commitment, effort, patience and lots of practice with support, feedback and accountability from me.
When clients invest in themselves and in saving their marriage, they commit to real change and growth.